Hi, I’m Joely Rogers, Vice President of Frame Destination. I am also a long-time visual artist and recently started showing my artwork in galleries. Today I’d like to talk about my experience using our GalleryPouch™ Gold Premium Bubble Bags to transport some of my artwork to a gallery in downtown Dallas.
The GalleryPouch™ is a joint collaboration between photographer, author and consultant Andrew Darlow and Frame Destination. Made of heavyweight 3/16 inch polyethylene bubble, this protective bag is the ideal way to protect nearly any type of artwork for transport, shipping, and/or storage. The transport factor is what I wanted to test for my recent art show.
Now you may be saying to yourself “I’m a careful person. Can’t a just wrap a sheet, piece of plastic or bubble wrap around my art?” Maybe, however, these items are not necessarily designed to handle certain situations. For example, check out how many different “opportunities” to damage my artwork occurred during the 40 minutes it took me to drive from the office to the gallery.
- Carrying it from the office to my car in 20 mph wind gusts.
- Sliding around in my trunk on the drive down.
- Carrying it through a busy parking garage and navigating 3 narrow doors.
- Getting on a crowded elevator.
- People pressing against it in the elevator.
- Someone knocking it out of my hand as I’m getting off the elevator.
- Getting bumped during art intake at the gallery.
Basically, I took my art through a moving obstacle course! Thanks to the GalleryPouch™ Bubble Bag though, all of my framed paintings and photographs arrived without a scratch on the frames or glazing. These bags are reusable and made individually by hand at Frame Destination’s warehouse facility. Check out the GalleryPouch™ blog for more information or contact us with questions.