Lineco Gummed Paper Hinging Tape. 1" x 130 ft (2.5 cm x 39.624 m). Used for hinging a wide variety of art. Strong, acid free, water-activated adhesive composed of pure carbohydrate and protein. Paper is acid-free, lignin-free and buffered to pH 8.5 with 3% calcium carbonate. Can also be used for picture frame and mat sealing, repair of books or paper artifacts, and reinforcing folders or art. This hinging tape has passed the PAT (Photo Activity Test).
Main Applications: Use Gummed Paper Hinging Tape for two archival mounting techniques called the T-Hinge and the V-Hinge.
Gummed Paper Linen Hinging Tape is also useful for repairing books or paper artifacts.
Directions for Use:
- Cut or tear to desired length and leave a feathered edge
- Moisten the adhesive thoroughly
- Wait for the adhesive to absorb the water and get sticky
- Apply to the back of the art
- Apply a little water to the tape
- Wait for the water to penetrate the cloth and release the adhesive
- Clean up adhesive residue with water
Item Number: 533-0751